At ICMind organization is designed with professional structure for best integration & co-ordination. This also results in perfectly determining authority & responsibilities across the organization.
Division & Departments
DIVISION & DEPARTMENTS
- Student Registration Eligibility Evaluation Division
- Student Regional Service Division (RSD) & Student Support Service Network (SSSN)
- Finance & Accounts Division
- Library & Documents Division
- Student Result & Evaluation Division
- Administration Department
- International Division
- Academic Co-ordination Division
- Construction & Maintenance Division
- Computer Division
- Material Production Division
- Advertisement & Tenders Division
- Recruitment – Career at ICMIND
- Authority Committee
Student Registration Eligibility Evolution Division
Student Registration Division:
Admission Activity through:
- Walk In Admission
- Postal Admission
- Online Admission
Student Evaluation / Eligibility Division:
The preparations for admission of students to various programs of the Group of Institutes start much before the commencement of the session, that is, with the finalization of Prospectus and release of admission notification to all the concerned departments and prospective students around the world through various means of communication, advertisements & marketing. The admissions are made in majority of programs of the Group of Institutes subject to fulfillment of minimum eligibility. Minimum eligibility is determined as combination of academic qualification and work experience. However, special eligibility exemption is allowed through Entrance Tests / Interview / Group Discussion etc
- Direct eligibility through combination of academic & experience
- Entrance Test
- Group discussion
- Special eligibility exemption
Regional Services Division:
The Regional Services Division (RSD) was established to with an objective to reach the un-reached. The Regional Centre, Study Centre and Student Support Services of the Group of Institutes is to be established across the length and breadth of the country.
Functions of Regional Services Division
The responsibilities and functions assigned to the RSD are as follows:
- Develop policies, systems and procedures in respect of establishment and management of Regional Centre and Study Centre
- Organize and administer the national network of Regional Centre and Study Centre.
- Negotiate with Government Departments, educational institutions, other organizations including voluntary organizations for establishment of new Regional Centre and Study Centre.
- Identify and appoint suitable persons as Academic Counselors for counseling, interviews, and evaluation of assignments.
- Organize orientation program for various functionaries of Study Centre.
- Funding and expenditure control of Regional Centre and Study Centre.
Student Support Services (SSS) Network
On the recommendations of the Task Force on Student Support Services (SSS), the Group of Institutes has established a de-centralized Student Services Centre (SSC) at each Regional centres of ICMind. The Centre is entrusted with the responsibility of redressing student grievances on a single window basis. It has net connectivity, and online data are to be made available from all the Operational Divisions of the Group of Institutes. SSC at regional level have to intimate the details of aggrieved students for immediate solution in the respective Division at the headquarters.
Finance & Accounts Division FAD+
The Finance Officer is the Secretary of the Finance Committee which exercises general supervision over the finances of the Group of Institutes, gives directions and lays down limits for various categories of the expenditure. Regional Center are privately financed. To provide better support services to the students, the financial operations have been decentralized to Regional Centers. To extend ICMind programs to the developing countries and to earn foreign exchange for the country, ICMind has taken a major initiative in launching academic programs across the World.
One of the objectives of the Organization is to achieve sufficiency in financial matters as early as possible. The sufficiency has been achieved to an extent at present in respect of maintenance expenditure.
Responsibilities of Finance & Accounts Division:
- Collection of Revenue Receipts on behalf of the Group of Institutes.
- Payments to staff members.
- Payments to outside parties for supply of material and service rendered.
- Preparation of Budget Estimates, Review of Receipts and Expenditure to facilitate the Management Information System with periodic inputs.
- Preparation of Annual Accounts.
- Maintenance of Provident Fund and Pension Fund Accounts (if applicable).
- Payment of pension benefits.
- Investment of funds to generate additional resources for the organization.
- Internal audit of accounts of the Regional/ Study Center, Divisions and Schools.
- Coordination with the Statutory Auditors for conducting Statutory Audit and processing of Audit Reports.
- Management of the Funds of the Projects sponsored by outside organizations/government bodies.
- Maintenance of Employees Welfare Fund Accounts.
- F&A Division facilitates the Management Information System with periodic inputs; investing funds to generate additional revenues for the Organization; manages funds of the projects sponsored by other organizations, agencies & prepare Annual A/c of the Group of Institutes, PF & projects.
Sources of Funds:
ICMind is self financed organization and does not depend on aid from government. Donation received by the public trust ICMind Foundation is allocated by trustees for social welfare objectives of the trust. The Public Charitable Trust “ICMind foundation” is in the process of acquiring aid form government for its social projects.
Various Social Development Projects can be met through:
- Donation promotion as portion of Internal receipts on account of fee from students, sale of print material/ prospectus and forms etc. It has been noticed that right from launching its first academic programs the internal income of the organization has registered continuous growth. On the other hand it has been difficult to restrict the expenditure on the account of inflation, rising salary and other cost of quality inputs.
- Grant-in-aid from Government / MHRD (under planning).
- Donation form generous individuals, NGOs, independent organizations, companies, private professionals and entrepreneurs.
The ICMIND library is the most resourceful information Center in the country in the field of Distance Education. The library has the largest collection of books, journals and other related materials in the field of Distance Education, throughout the country. It was established in 1986 in tune with the objectives of ICMIND.
The primary mission of the library is to support the educational and research program of the Group of Institutes by providing physical and intellectual access to information. In accordance with the objectives of the Group of Institutes, the library aims to develop a comprehensive collection of documents, useful for the readers.
The ICMIND Group of Institutes operates through a three-tier system having Group of Institutes Headquarter; Regional Centers and sub-Regional Centers in various States. Library and Documentation Division is a hierarchical system with the Central Library at the Headquarters followed by libraries located at Regional Centres Library (RCL) and Study Centres Library (SCL). The Central Library caters to the needs of Academic, Administrative and Supportive staff and students at the headquarters. The RCLs look into the library requirements of Staff, Students, Academic Counselors and Academic coordinators at Regional Centers and the SCLs to meet the needs of the students exclusively. The number of RCLs and SCLs change from time to time depending upon the establishment of new RCs and SCs considering the enrollment of students in the region. Every RC and SC invariably has a small library attached to it. The Central Library is the main library which co-ordinates the effective functioning and development of RCLs and SCLs. The Central Library has been using an integrated Library Management software package with all the modules for the library housekeeping operations. Using online database, users can search the Library online catalog by Author, Title, Subject and Keywords.
As the role of the Library within any Group of Institutes can be realized only in the context of the institution’s philosophy of education, the basic objectives of the L & DD are in tune with those of the ICMIND. They are as follows:
- To develop appropriate collections in various disciplines for satisfying the needs of the diverse clientele of the libraries of the Group of Institutes, Regional and Study Centers.
- To provide reading, lending, reference, information and documentation facilities to all categories of staff and students.
- To develop a special collection of distance education books and journals at the libraries at the Headquarters as well as Regional Centers, and
- To provide documentation and comprehensive reference/information services in areas related to distance education to other Open Universities of the world in general and in India in particular.
Sections of Library Internship Program at Central Library ICMIND
Acquisition Section: Acquisition Section of the Library deals with the purchase of books, reference books, textbooks serial publication and multi-volume books. The section also deals with day to day operations such as receiving indents for purchase of books, checking duplicates, placing orders, receiving and entering the books with serial number in the accession register as well as in the system of the Library and the budget control etc.
Technical Processing Section: Technical services are the “behind the scene” activities that a library undertakes to effectively deliver library services to the public. These services include the processes and procedures which are necessary to order library materials, like classifying, cataloging, assigning subject headings, data entry, checking and physical processing, to get the materials ready to put on library shelves. These services also include the activities that are necessary to control the lending and returning of library materials. Other technical services include the activities related to preservation of library materials. Library follows Dewey Decimal classification scheme for classification, AACR2 for Cataloging, Library of Congress Subject Headings for assigning subject headings and Cutter’s Author mark for Book numbers etc.,
Periodicals Section: Periodical section handles Print as well as electronic Journals Databases. Processes Journal subscriptions, renewals, orders, payments/advances, Journals receipts, bound volumes every year. Maintains budget (s), accounts and statistics. Regulates the shelf arrangement of the current journals, displays recent arrivals daily.
Circulation Section: This is the front end of library operations providing the lending services to the library users. All the functions of this section are computerized and the transactions in this section are based on the bar-code technology. All the Registered Library Users are provided with a Bar-coded ID card and all the books in the library are bar-coded.
IT and Computer Section: This is the hub which monitors all the computerized activities of the library i.e., the back-end of automation activities in the library. Library Server is connected on the Campus-wide Local Area Network apart from connecting all the sections of the library with structured cabling using switches and hubs located in different levels. The section is entrusted with responsibility of maintenance of all the systems, network, Internet and e-mail facilities, training the users, data validation, merging etc. All the staff members are trained to handle the Library software, Operating System, Proxy server, Scanner operations, Networking, Internet and CD based resources etc., apart from rectifying minor trouble shooting in the Hardware, Software, UPS connectivity, Database maintenance. This section also handles various activities like Bibliographic Search Services from Library holdings, OPAC Service, Online Resources Search Service, and Website Maintenance for Online Resources.
Administration Section: This section handles Budget proposals and monitors the overall expenditure incurred in the Library including settlement of bills, Advances, amounts etc. Purchase of Equipment and other materials needed for library operation Maintenance of Stock, assets and Consumable registers including stock verification. Annual Maintenance Contracts for all equipment and privatization of Xerox unit. Posting of staff members in shift duties, holiday duties and maintenance of their leave records and attendance. Maintenance of Institutional Membership records. Over all maintenance of Library building including insurance and pest control. Liaisons with administration, finance and engineering departments. Attends to both internal and external audits Services.
The Central Library provides the following services/facilities:
- Circulation service including Inter Library Loan
- Reference & Referral
- User guidance
- Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC)
- CD-ROM search
- Micro form search
- Online Databases
- Lamination & Spiral binding
RULES OF LIBRARY OPERATIONS:
- The library remains open on all the working days except Saturdays, Sundays and Group of Institutes notified & Indian national holidays.
- All Library services are provided from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
- Lunch break is observed from 1.30 PM to 2.00 PM for all services except reading and circulation services.
USE OF THE LIBRARY AND LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Members must show their Library Card on entering the Library, while borrowing books and journals and at any time if asked to do so by the Library Staff.
- Briefcases, bags, umbrella, lunch boxes and other personal belongings must be deposited at the entrance.
- Every member must sign the Register available at the entrance. Personal reading materials must be specifically indicated in the Register and shown to the security guard while entering and exiting from the Library.
- Members are free to browse through the books. Books taken out of the shelves must be put on a table. Replacing the books on shelves is not encouraged as it may be misplaced. Misplaced book is a lost book.
- A Non-member can use the library material on the premises with the permission.
- Readers should not mark, underline, dog-ear mark, write, tear pages or damages the Library documents.
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the Library
- Member should behave in a reasonable and seemly fashion in the Library and must not damage library property or disturb other members.
- Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the Library.
- Members should not reserve seats either for themselves or for others.
- Newspapers and magazines must be read only in the Library on specific tables and should not be taken to any other reading areas.
- No Library material can be taken out of the library without permission.
- Deputy Librarian
- Assistant Librarian
- Assistant Registrar
Q.1 How can I become the member of the ICMIND Library?
Staff members of ICMIND have to register in library’s reception counter to become member of the library.
Q.2 Who are authorized to use the library facilities?
All the staff members including Retired Staff, Consultants, Project staff and similar other staff appointed by ICMIND are allowed to use library facilities. People from other organizations are allowed to use library on Inter Library Loan basis.Students are allowed to visit and use library for reference purpose only.
Q.3 How can a user recommend a book for the purchase?
Users can recommend a book to be purchased by the library through their respective department heads and personal request is not accepted.
Q.4 What should I do if the book I borrowed got lost?
If the borrowed book is lost then immediately you should give a letter to the librarian stating the cause. If the book is available, then you should replace the same otherwise you have to pay for the same.
Q.5 How do I find a particular book or a journal in the library?
Generally Library Catalog is used to find a book or journal manually. In order to expedite process. You can use the Web OPAC ( Online Public Access Catalog) available on the library web page. You can search for the documents by title, author or subject.
Q.6 How can I borrow a book which is not available in ICMIND library but available in other libraries?
One can borrow a book, which is not available in ICMIND library on Inter Library Loan from other libraries located in Delhi by filling up a requisition form.
Q.7 Where do we get Question Papers of previous years?
Question Papers of all ICMIND courses from 1999 to Present are available on ICMIND Library Website. Question papers prior to 1999 are available in all the Regional and Study Centres in the CD format.
- Lending Services
- Reprography Services
- Reading and Reference Services
- OPAC SERVICE
- Online Services
- Institutional Membership Services
- DELNET Services
Library Collection & E-Resources
As the name suggests Student Evaluation Division is charged with the responsibility of monitoring registration of students of various courses evaluation of their performance in each semester / Term-end / final examinations in continuous evaluation and award professional certificates / Degrees / Diplomas etc.
Whereas the registration, re-registration activities are accomplished at the respective Regional Centres. SR&E Division is the main repository of the Student’s Central database relating to course registration, assignment scores and Term-end examination scores.
Functions and Activities
Primary responsibilities of Student Evaluation Division are admission of students and evaluation of their performance through continuous internal assessment and term-end examinations. Applications of students are submitted and scrutinized initially at the concerned Regional Centre, but the admissions are finalized at the headquarters.
The division has been conducting entrance exams for admission to various programs. Student Evaluation Division stores admission data for all the students and supplies this data to various functionaries in the Group of Institutes. It looks after Eligibility credit, re-registration, change / upgrade of course / specialization / subject, Study Centres, Regional Centres name etc.
The division receives awards of Tutor Marked Assignments from the Study Centres, hand written and Computer Marked Assignments directly from the students and processes them. It also evaluates project reports of the students. It provides over all guidance to students for various courses of Group of Institutes and solves all problems relating to students registration and evaluation.
For the examination, the division prepares an eligibility chart of various batches of students to take examination. It prints; dispatches / mails exam forms to Study Centres and Regional Centres and receives them. A Program-wise list of examination centres is prepared. It gets the question papers printed and dispatch question paper and examination material to all centres on the basis of abstract. The division receives all the answer books and arranges evaluating of the same. The result is then compiled and grade cards printed for each student.
The division also organizes Convocation each year to confer the degrees & diplomas to the successful candidates. The Convocation is done through teleconferencing mode at the Regional Centres.
Spearheading the work of increasing ICMIND’s reach overseas; facilitating the offering of ICMIND’s programs and services to all students out of India.
The Construction and Maintenance Division (CMD) of ICMind looks after the Maintenance of the Group of Institutes Estate which will include Administrative offices, Head quarter Registered Corporate office, Regional Centre offices, Academic blocks – classrooms, research and development, professor’s area etc…
The maintenance of the Campus includes Civil Maintenance, Electrical Maintenance, Water Supply, Electric Supply, Air Conditioning, Cleaning and general maintenance.
Computer Division is backbone of the Group which provides various Computing and Network services through Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) for its students and staff at Headquarters, various Regional Centres and Study Centres across India and Abroad.
- User Support Services
- Web Services
- Network Services
- IT Infrastructure Procurement, Setup & Maintenance
- Software Development
- ERP- Back Office Automation
- Academic & Research
- Training & Consultancy
- Social Service
- Support Services
- Network Services
- ERP (Back Office Automation)
- Web Services
- IT Infrastructure Procurement, Setup, Maintenance & Support
- New Initiatives
- Software Development
- Academic, Research and Other
The Material Production and Distribution is one of the most important divisions. Material Production & Distribution Division (MPDD) handles the production and distribution of self-instructional material for various programs and courses of the Group of Institutes. It is responsible for timely printing and dispatch of study material to the learners as well as to Regional/ Study Centres of ICMIND. Distribution of print materials comprising self-instructional materials, assignments, programme guides, prospectus/ handbooks (application forms and other miscellaneous items) is a formidable task given to this Division. It also undertakes the activity of synchronization of production of materials/assignments, printing the required number of these materials, storing and inventory control of these materials and dispatching them to the individual students (course-wise and medium-wise), ICMIND’s RCs/Scs through the postal system. By nature the entire task is a complex operation and is compounded by a large number of students changing their addresses, medium of instruction and courses very often.
Important functions carried out by MPDD are as under:
- Material Requirement Planning,
- Purchase and issue of Offset Printing Paper and Art Card to the Printers for printing the study materials,
- Maintenance of inventory of study materials and other related items,
- Distribution of study materials to the students,
- Distribution of study materials to Regional Centres/ Study Centres of ICMIND,
- Sale of study materials to the Open Group of Institutes, other Institutions, agents and general public, and
- Meeting the printing requirements of Functional Divisions and special printing requirement of the Group of Institutes
Students Support Centers
The MPDD has developed a single window which caters to the need of students visiting the ICMIND Headquarters as also providing replies to their queries via e-mail, fax and phone. The SSC Centre of MPDD attends to the material-related problems of the students duly enrolled at the Regional Centres and their admission confirmed by the SRD. This Centre handles the following types of queries:
- The Group of Institutes has decentralized dispatch of study material to the students. From the July 2008 session, the study material is being dispatched directly to the Regional Centres. The enquiry regarding non-receipt of study material should be registered at the concerned Regional Centre.
- In case the student does not receive the study material from the Regional Centre concerned, the student may approach MPDD, ICMIND Headquarters through e-mail/letters/call along with enrollment reference number and/or with proof of depositing of fee for the course of study.
- Marketing of Study Material
- Issue of Study Material
- Miscellaneous Unit
- Dispatch of Study Material
- Inventory Management
The Group of Institutes has two important components: The student and the teacher, in that order. The intellectual interaction between these two makes an academic institution. And to make this interaction possible, a third component is required. And that component is administrative support. The role of administration, thus, has to be understood in the above perspective.
The Group of Institutes is an academic institution; the primary function of Administration in a Group of Institutes system is to provide support to the academic activities of the Group of Institutes. The Group of Institutes combines within it the legislative, executive and to some extent quasi-judicial functions. The processes involved in the legislation and decision making are carried out through the following statutory authorities:
- The Board of Management:
The principal executive body of the Group of Institutes
- The Academic Council:
The principal academic body responsible for academic policies of the Group of Institutes
- The Planning Board:
The principal planning body of the Group of Institutes which is also responsible for monitoring the developments of the Group of Institutes on the lines indicated in the objects of the Group of Institutes.
- Programs Council:
The basic academic units responsible for formulation of academic programs.
- The Finance Committee:
Advises the Board of Management on all matters concerning financial management of the Group of Institutes
- The Board of Management:
A unique feature of the ICMind is that it also functions in various segments. Separate statutory independent body has been created to perform task related to each segments. It is responsible for the promotion and coordination of the Group of Institutes and it’s Education System and for determination of its standards.
The processes involved in formulating proposals for consideration of these bodies, organizing their legislation and implementing the decisions taken by these bodies form the core responsibility of Administration. The other major responsibility is to provide support to all functional and operational Divisions, including, by providing the required manpower as also other necessary infrastructure facilities. In effect, Administration functions as a facilitating mechanism so that the Group of Institutes can adequately meet the objects as set out in the Act and Statutes.
- Governance Section:
Deals with Constitution of various authorities, processing proposals for placing before various authorities, follow- up actions on the decisions of the authorities, correspondence with important outside agencies like the Department of Education, UGC etc., formulation of statutes, ordinances etc. and dealing with Parliament Questions.
- Governance Section:
- Establishment Section:
All service matters, from recruitment to retirement, of non-academic employees of the Group of Institutes.
- Establishment Section:
- General Admin Section:
All housekeeping activities like transport, Tele-communication, guesthouse facility, hospitality arrangements, leasing of accommodation.
- General Admin Section:
- Central Purchase Unit:
Purchase of equipment and furniture.
- Central Purchase Unit:
- Security Unit:
Headquarter / Campus Security including Regional Centres located at various cities.
- Security Unit:
- Public Relations Unit:
Liaison with general public and media.
- Hindi Cell:
Matters relating to implementation of the official language policy of the Govt.
- Legal Cell:
Deals with legal matters and also defends the Group of Institutes in various courts of law on any legal dispute.
- Coordination Section:
Personal Claims (such as Medical Advance, LTC, TA/DA) including loans and advances to employees.
- Recruitment Cell:
Recruitment of all non-academic posts (Group A, B & C)
- RTI Cell:
Implementation of the RTI Act, 2005.
- Public Relations Unit:
Advertisements: Notices: JOB / Tenders / Other
- ICMIND invites applications for the various posts
- Senior Consultants
- Team Leaders
- Business Development Executives
- Business Development Officers
- Assistant Manager
- Professors & Trainers
- Consultant for Child Development programs
- Advertisement for the post of flash programmer, Flash Animator Cum Graphic Designer , Office Assistant
- Advertisement for Consultant for Nutritional Sciences
- Sr. Consultant required at National ODL Centre for Local Governance
- Requirements for various positions at Hyderabad Centre
- Job vacancies in Marketing
- Requirements for International /Domestic Business at leading MNCs
- Requirements of Business Development Interns
Finance & Account Manager
Regional Operations Manger
Regional Marketing Manager
Regional HRD Manager
Assistance Branch Manager
HR Executives / Recruiters
BDE – Business Development Executives
Team Leader – Career Advisors
Sr. Career Advisors – Sr. Counselors
Career Advisors – Counselors
Formation for appropriate committee is considered important for smooth functioning of the organization.
- Establishment Committee
- Planning Board of Management Trustees Chairman & Vice-Chancellor
- Academic Council & Academic Council’s Standing Committee
- Research Council & Research Council Standing Committee
- Finance Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Equivalence / Unity Committee
- Library Committee
- Purchase Committee
- Student Services & Relationship Management Committee
- Corporate Relationship Management Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Work Committee
- Regional Heads Committee
- Branch Heads Committee
- Visiting Consultants
- Counselors & Advisors Committee